Want to be a dog walker? Searching the criteria for being an official one? Here we will give you all the details about the dog walking insurance policy. And what the dog walker insurance policy includes, and how you can get it.
Dog walking insurance is very beneficial for the walker. And these days it becomes business, many companies all around the world are offering dog walking insurances on different quotes.
Table of contents
Dog Walking Insurance policy 2021
Doing a job as a dog walker is a hectic task to do. You have a flexible schedule during which you will work for your lovely client. Once you get involved with the dog they become nice to you and never disobey you.
The dog sometimes due to some frustration or stress can get out of control. He may injure some other person, may get injured himself, may injure you, and may cause damage to someone’s property. In this condition of uncontrollability the poor animal can do any disastrous thing for which you have to pay later.
In this condition, the both owner of the dog and the affected person can sue you. If you are an insured dog walker then no one can force you to pay for the loss. As well as your legal costs on reclaiming yourself innocent also get saved.
Things included in dog walking insurance policy:
The things that are included in the insurance policy are
- Body injuries; Body injuries happen when some outsider comes close to your dog even when you have threatened him not to come close. The dog may harm the person and he gets injured.
If any kind of this scenario happens, then you are free for claims. Not that person or anyone other can sue you for the incident if you are legally insured.
- Property damage; If the dog accidentally enters into someone else’s home and does some property damage like their antique crockery or other sensitive things like that. You are not responsible for the loss. You are an insured dog walker.
- Legal defense; Sometimes a dog owner has hired more than one dog walker. A dog walker other than you may have injured the dog accidentally. Now the owner is not sure about who has injured his loved one. He sues the case on both of the dog walkers.
For your legal defense, if you are on right, all will be handled by the insurance company.
- Medical disabilities; After walking a week with you the dog may get usually ill. The dog owner can claim that his dog has become ill because he has eaten something wrong during the walk. He can force you to pay for the medical bills during this illness.
Some other liabilities from which the insurance policy safe you from, are.
- Veterinary expenses.
- Dog bites
- Medical expenses of injured human
- Medical expenses of an injured or ill dog
- Property damage that can occur by you
- Furniture and floor stains did by the dog
- Loss of the dog under your care.
Dog walking insurance cost:
There are many companies all around the world that are providing you walking insurance. These companies have flexible packages depending upon your needs. You don’t have to fix for a long-term insurance policy you can avail yourself, the short packages.
Each package has different facilities included; depending upon the package’s cost.
The insurance cost also deviates depending upon your coverage time, your zip code, and the dog size.
The average cost for dog walking insurance ranges from 27$ to 39$ per month. This sums up to 1000000$/2000000$ approximately.
Do I need the qualification to be a dog walker?
Specifically to be a dog walker you don’t need any qualification. A little information about, animal first aid, animal behavior, and animal control is required. These skills can make you a professional dog walker.
If you don’t have any previous experience in the profession then you may take a little more time than a professional walker to get indulged in the job. With time you will understand the dog’s psychology so then you become able to control them professionally.
How much should I charge for walking a dog?
A professional dog walker with having some basic knowledge about the dogs charges 0.5$ to 1$ for a minute. This means that for average 20 minutes’ walk can give you a total of 20$. The rates of walkers vary depending upon their professional skills. And the time they had devoted to their profession.
If you are a beginner in the profession try to start from less and then increase the rate gradually with time.
What should be included in the dog walker contract?
Following important things that should be included in the dog walking insurance contract related to the dog.
- Dog’s age
- Any medical issue if the dog has, either acute o chronic
- Behavioral traits
If these things have been written by hand then you remain on the safer side in case of any unfortunate thing happens to the dog. After these things having in contract no owner can remain able to sue a case of any damage happening due to the above mention problems and traits.
What insurance do I need for dog walking?
The two most common and most known insurance policies you can have as a dog walker are
- Public liability insurance for dog walking
- Dog walking insurance.
These two are known for the best of their packages and facilities.
Here is a guide about the best pet insurance policy 2021
Dog walking is a good option to get for professional dog walkers. As handling dog is not nice all the time, the job is risky. The animal can get out of control at any time and can do some real property or human damage. if the walker is not insured then the owner asks him to pay for the loss. No one can claim to an insured dog walker for the things or losses that get written in the insurance contract. In case if somewhere the walker is at negligence, even then he doesn’t have to pay the whole amount some of the amounts will be paid by the insurance company.
The cost of dog walking insurance is also not so high. It lies in a reasonable range depending upon the condition it provides.
GET INSURED, GET SECURED!
Thank you for reading this article. If you like it and want some other articles on the related topics, let us know in the comment section below.