Some foods are right for your dog, and some are not. You need to be careful while giving certain foods to your dog. Here I am going to discuss a portion of food that is good for your dog’s health. Can dogs eat cinnamon, and what health benefits cinnamon have on your dog’s health? I am going to provide you a detailed guide about that.
Table of contents
What are the health benefits of cinnamon?
- Cinnamon improves the metabolism of your dog. Thus helps in the digestibility if they are given in a sufficient amount.
- Cinnamon is a useful source of vitamin k, manganese, and calcium. Vitamin k helps to maintain the level of blood clotting factor. Calcium is responsible for the development of strong bones.
- They are loaded with antioxidants, thus protect the body from oxidative damage by free radicals.
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory effects and helps the body to fight against infections.
- Cinnamon reduced the risk of heart disease by lowering the blood pressure, So prevent your dog from congestive heart failure.
- They possess an anti-diabetic effect for your dog, thus lower the blood glucose level.
- Cinnamon protects the body against viral, bacterial, and fungal infections, so they help keep your dog healthy.
- Cinnamon also saves your dog from different neurodegenerative diseases.
Theses are the health benefits of cinnamon. If your dog eats too many cinnamons, it will have adverse side effects, as well.
Possible risk effects of cinnamon:
Your dog will have an upset stomach if it eats too many cinnamons. It will show signs of vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, drooling, pupil dilated, ear erected, and changes in heart rate. If you give baked cinnamon to your dog, make sure to avoid substances like xylitol, which is toxic to a dog. Your dog will show signs of staggering, tremors, by eating even a small amount of xylitol.
How to give cinnamon to your dog?
Always consult with your veterinarian before giving cinnamon. First, wash the cinnamon and then break them into small pieces to avoid choking for a little dog and then fed it to your dog. Remember not to give treats more than 10 percent of your dog’s diet. Two teaspoons are healthy for your dog. If you notice any abnormal behavior and signs, stop feeding them. Cinnamon can be given in cinnamon sticks, cinnamon essential oils, and ground cinnamon. If your dog does not like eating cinnamon, there are some alternative snacks available
Frequently asked questions
How many cinnamons can dog eat?
You can give two teaspoons full of cinnamons.
Are cinnamons healthy for my dog?
Cinnamons are healthy for your dog as they possess certain health benefits.
Do cinnamons make my dog sick?
If your dog eats too many cinnamons, it can result in an upset stomach.
How to feed cinnamon to my dog?
Always consult with your veterinarian before feeding cinnamon. You can give cinnamon as cinnamon sticks, cinnamon essential oils, etc.
Thus, cinnamons are a useful snack for your dog if they are given in a sufficient amount. They are rich in antioxidants and protects your dog from different viral and bacterial infections. Feeding too many cinnamons to your dog can also result in an upset stomach, so always feed them in a moderate amount. I hope you like the article, can dogs eat cinnamon, feel free to ask any questions.