Since humankind started colonizing the earth, dogs have been an essential part of our lives. These paradoxical canines are the first pets that humans choose for themselves.
Our pets are those comforting companions that keep us healthy and merrier, and we don’t want to lose them. In the past, wolves were compassionate, and later dogs took their places.
In older confinement methods, the pets were kept chained, but things have changed, and we have more durable strategies to keep your fair-haired friends closer to your heart.
It is hard to install a wired dog fence. But we have a solution for you in a wireless dog fence. So here we will tell you about the best wireless dog fences in 2022.
Pets escaping your territory are a widespread phenomenon. Keeping an eye on your pet is necessary because they can injure themselves or others if overactive and poorly monitored.
This can be a snag if you have a busy working schedule. However, we love our pets, and we don’t want them to get hurt or injure other animals. So you might be looking for a way to keep your heartwarming pets closer to you even if you are busy. Well, we have your problem solved.
Wireless fencing systems are a must-have for you if your Dog is incompliant, playful, and not so fond of being tied and chained up. They prevent their escaping and can also be used to train your pets. In a pet confinement system, you should always consider the intensity of the static shock and the collar size range. The size of the receiver is not much important, but the factors that affect signal transmission are essential.
BEST WIRELESS DOG FENCE in 2022
PetSafe Stay and Play compact wireless System
||CHECK ON Amazon|
SportDOG in-ground fence system
||CHECK ON Amazon|
||CHECK ON Amazon|
Dogtra E-fence 3500
||CHECK ON Amazon|
KAROTEZH Electric Fence for Dogs
||CHECK ON Amazon|
FOCUSER dog containment system
||CHECK ON Amazon|
MY PET COMMAND wireless fence system
||CHECK ON Amazon|
UTOPB Wireless Dog Fence
||CHECK ON Amazon|
No matter what device or brand you choose, training your Dog to get acclimated to this device and its functioning will always be necessary. Therefore, we have designed a small guide to give you a quick tour of all the pros and cons of some of the best fencing systems available.
Significant companies providing these systems for not only cats and dogs but also beneficial for other small pets include:
Details of these products are given below, have a read and decide which product suits your requirements the most.
Reviews of top wireless dog fence of 2022
1. SportDOG in-ground fence system
System is straightforward for a confinement area up to 75 acres. The device package includes 1,000 feet of wire to enhance the confinement area, 100 training flags, 1 Transmitter device that generates the signals, and 1 Collar Receiver that receives the signals from the Transmitter.
The Transmitter is enough to cover up to 75 acres of land. The area of confinement can be further enhanced up to 100 acres by adding up more wire to this kit. You can control an unlimited number of pets by adding separate collars connected with the same transmitter device. Device-level of vibration matches the temperament of any dog.
- A transmitter alarm that notifies breakage in any wire
- Prevent from running your Dog into the danger zone
- Lightning protection feature
- 1,000 feet of wire to enhance the coverage area
- 100 flags and 1 Collar Receiver to keep your Dog in a yard up to 75 acres
- The containment area expands to 100 acres by using additional wire and flag kits
- The number of pets can be increased by connecting more receiver collars
- Safe and effective for dogs below 10lb weight
- An adjustable collar that perfectly fits your Dog
- The waterproof Collar runs on a common 9 V Battery that lasts 6-12 months
- 4 levels of adjustable correction or tone and vibration for static stimulation
- 2-year warranty
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR SMALLER DOG BREEDS!
2. PetSafe Stay and Play Compact Wireless System
It is a wireless dog fencing system with around 3-4 acres of coverage area circular shape. This device is completely wireless and portable. It can be used for multiple pets simultaneously by connecting numerous receiver collars to the device transmitter.
It has a low battery indicator, and the receiver collar operates with a waterproof RFA-67 battery. Unfortunately, the Battery is non-rechargeable and lasts for 1-2 months, after which it needs to be changed with a new one.
This device should be placed 3ft away from other metal objects because metals can cause problems in signals generation and transmission.
The receiver device also needs to be placed away from metals; hence no metallic collar should be used along with the device receiver collar.
It needs to be installed in a temperature-controlled environment where the Temperature does not fall below the freezing point.
One of the significant problems with this device is that you should keep checking your pets’ necks because these collars may cause irritation or itching on pets with sensitive skin or if the pet has any other skin conditions. However, it is a top-rated wireless dog fence.
The System requires no technical expertise to install, and the whole installation only takes a few hours. There is no limit to how many dogs can be fenced in with a wireless dog fence. If you have multiple dogs, you do not have to worry.
- Circular confinement area 3-4 acres
- Transmitter with rechargeable batteries
- Waterproof receiver collars with an adjustable size range of 6-28 inches
- Easy to set up for dogs
- RFA-67 non-rechargeable Battery of 6 volt
- Quick start manual
- Built-in power loss alarm feature
- Contact points on collars are customizable according to the neck size of your pets
- 5 adjustable levels of correction
- Automatic safety shut-off to prevent unnecessary punishment
- Additional wireless transmitters to expand area as per requirement
- 50 boundary training flags
- Mounting bracket and hardware
- Additional base units
- RV and campers
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR PET!
3. PetControl HQ
It is a wireless electric fence and dog training system which is safe to use and easy to install. It has a waterproof rechargeable receiver shock collar having different color straps.
These strap colors are also indicated on the remote control to make it easy for you to identify each Dog separately. In this way, you can train up to three dogs individually with one device.
There are 10 levels of shock and vibration intensity and correction that a remote can control. This boundary wire can be placed above or below the ground; however, it should be placed at least three ft away from any metal objects.
This device will first provide a sound alarm, and static vibrations later, shock correction will be given. Hence, this is a perfect device to train and contain your Dog. However, Collar can cause rashes and irritation if used for more than 12 hours.
- An underground system with 490ft long wire that can enhance the boundary
- IPX7 waterproof collar receiver with adjustable sizes from 8-27 inches
- 3 levels of static shock stimulus that are adjustable
- 10 levels of shock stimulus controlled by the remote System
- Useful for small and medium-sized dog breeds that weigh from 11 to 154lb
- Rechargeable in-built batteries in Collar and Transmitter that last up to 2 days
- The System can be used to control 3 dogs at one time
- The shock stimulus shut off 8 seconds later to prevent excessive punishment
4. Dogtra E-fence 3500
This device sets a desirable boundary around your property that allows your Dog to be safe in your yard. The fence wire is installed to make a continuous loop around your property for your System to operate.
Signal transmission takes place in the form of a loop. The signal is emitted from the Transmitter, detected by the fence boundary, and returns to the Transmitter.
A red-light indicator shows when this operation is complete. The wire should be buried approximately 4-6 inches into the ground, but it does not need to be buried to function.
One good feature of this device is setting the Collar on vibrate-only mode. So if your pet is fearful and timid, the Collar will train only with the help of vibration without giving a shock.
Traditional fencing and other nearby devices will affect the radio signals of the Transmitter. Unfortunately, there is only one collar size available.
- For smaller dog breeds of about 15 lbs.(7kg)
- 40 acres area coverage
- Extra receivers can be connected
- Fully waterproof receiver collars
- Low to medium power stimulation levels
- 2-Hour rapid charge lithium polymer collar batteries that last up to 3 months
- 4 step system to contain your pet
- Collar has a waterproof (IPX7)and in-built rechargeable battery
- 8 manually adjustable levels of stimulation
- Vibration stimulus was given before shock stimulus correction
- 2-Year Product Warranty
- Advanced filtering system to prevent interference from other nearby devices
- 8 seconds stimulus duration to avoid excessive punishment
5. KAROTEZH Electric Fence for Dogs
It is one of the best fencing systems designed for dogs of all sizes. It provides safety to your Dog with its advanced features. For example, this fence does not need any wire to bury.
If the confinement area does not have any signal interference, this product will work fine. The Transmitter and receiver do not need to use codes and can work within the signal range.
Device signals are also affected by other magnetic fields and movements present. Therefore, the System starts a warning tone and shock stimulus if the Dog goes outside the range.
It has a safety feature to prevent excessive punishment, which shuts the System off after a specific time. One major drawback of this device is that the fence boundary cannot be changed, and it may also extend to your neighborhood.
- This wireless System can be used outdoor up to a coverage area 11 acres
- Transmitters produce 5 types of signals
- One Transmitter can relate to multiple collar receivers
- Receiver collars are waterproof and have built-in rechargeable batteries
- It has a reflective band and fluorescent lights that make it safe to use at night
- Transmitter also has a rechargeable battery
- Correction levels can be customizable for up to 2 collars.
- The System contains six correction levels in which one is vibrating; the only mode for static correction
- A boundary breach alert starts beeping if the Dog tries to reach too close to the boundary line
- A 30 seconds boundary breach signal is turned off only when the Dog returns to the boundary
- Collars have webbed nylon straps, which are light in weight and have an adjustable size range from 14-26 inches
- A rechargeable battery with a battery backup that lasts for 12 hours
- Up to 2 dogs can be controlled at one time using this System
NOT VERY USEFUL!
6. FOCUSER dog containment system
This dog fence can safely confine your Dog in a yard of around 500 meters. You just need to plug in the transmitters and connect them with the collar receiver.
There is no need to bury external wires or create any boundaries. The Collar and receiver have in-built rechargeable batteries that last longer, and this System is entirely waterproof, which means your pet can play freely in water and roam in a muddy yard.
This is a suitable device for open spaces where wiring and routers are absent. The Transmitter emits 433HZ radio signals around the house connected to the receiver collar on your pet’s neck.
A pre-correction warning tone signals your pet if it is getting too closer to the boundary. The warning tone lasts about 2 seconds, and the Dog will receive a continuous static shock if it does not return to the boundary area.
If your pet tries to run through the signal boundary, it will receive a strong correction shock forcing it to return to the safe place. The Transmitter should be placed away from the wireless border or any other metal; otherwise, it will not work properly.
- It can be used for small to larger sized dogs with wight of 10-110lbs
- Collar Neck size ranges from 8-to 21 inches
- Water-resistant IP67 receiver collar
- Boundary radius up to 500 meters
- Pre-correction warning tone and vibration
- Strong run-through correction feature
7. MY PET COMMAND wireless fence system
It is a long-range GPS receiver wireless dog fence system that involves using the latest technology. It does not include using any underground wire system to set boundaries.
It only works with a GPS transmitter that attaches to the Collar, and you can control the movement of your pets with remote control.
It is straightforward to install and portable device, you can take it anywhere, but this device needs to reset boundaries after every recharge.
- Standard GPS radio signaling
- Radius range from 20m to 800m
- Tone warning and vibration
- 5 levels of shock stimulus that are adjustable with remote
- Designed for coverage areas up to 496 acres
- Variable collar sizes available 6.5 -25.5 inches
- USB power adapter and single extended USB charging cable for both receiver and Transmitter
- Test bulb, dog whistle, and spanner
- Remote has built-in rechargeable lithium batteries that last longer
- It comes with a 12-month warranty
- A single remote can control up to three collar receivers
8. UTOPB Wireless Dog Fence
UTOPB wireless dog fence system designed on the latest technology of Sound and Electric Shock Mode. This device provides an effective solution for confinement and offers your pet greater freedom to play safely.
The System will start by producing warning sounds every 2 seconds if your pet tries to leave your defined boundary. The receiver stops working after the third cycle to prevent excessive punishment.
But this device is Not recommended for indoor use due to signal interference from standard household devices, and Beep sounds continue even if dogs continue to move towards a safe zone, and you must switch it off.
- IP65 waterproof Collar with TPU strap with a range of 8-28 inches
- Ten levels of correction
- signals of content 25-500 meters radius
- suitable for all size dogs of weight 10-110lbs
- Static shock intensity that increases gradually every 2 seconds
- The receiver collar operates at 3.7 volts shock intensity
- The power adapter consumes AC 110-240V
- Lithium-ion batteries of 300mAH in receiver and transmitters
- The receiver takes 2 to 3 hours to get fully charged, and the Transmitter takes 3 to 4 hours
9. JUSTPET wireless fence system
It is an Intelligent wireless dog fence system that is a new and unique product. It features a beautiful appearance and is easy to use. Installation and setup are also accessible. If your pet tries to cross the fence boundary, the device will send static shock signals and vibration signals.
If the primary device is shut down, there will be no vibration or shock stimulus; however, it is not suitable for indoor use because other devices can interfere with the signal transmission and must be placed 2-3ft above-ground levels. In addition, signal transmission is affected by other devices and walls, etc.
- Coverage radius distance of 10-900 feet
- 90 feet adjustment levels, one for each ten feet
- Vibration stimulus and a 3.7V low-voltage static electric shock function
- Dual antennae transmission for quicker response
- Radio waves signal with a more vital penetration range
- Waterproof built-in rechargeable battery
- Adjustable collar size ranges between 8-12 inches
11. BLINGBLING PETSFUN ELECTRIC WIRELESS DOG FENCE
It is helpful for pet containment systems that use 2GH frequency for signal transmission, and it can control up to 3 dogs at one time with one device. more stable and accurate signal transmission
- Reflective strips that improve vision and safety at night
- Control up to 3 dogs at the same time
- Low shock intensity that is not harmful to your pet
- 20 flags that help to train your pet
- IP67 waterproof rechargeable collar receiver
- Works for radius up to 300 meters
- 5 adjustable boundary levels 30, 60, 90, 150, and 300 meters
- Rechargeable collars with built-in Battery
- Suitable for neck ranges of 7-26.5 inches
- The receiver operates at 3.7volts shock intensity
12. WIEZ Wireless Dog Fence
Dog Electric Wireless Fence, also called WIEZ Dog Electric Wireless Fence, is another of the best wireless dog fences that teaches the Dog to follow safety measures by keeping themselves inside a given area.
The signal transmission is consistently more stable and accurate with it. Dogs can play in an area of 98 feet, and the machine makes a noise if they leave the room. An electrostatic shock of 3.7V low voltage is given to the Dog later to remind it to go home.
The System provides six static adjustment levels using sound, vibration, and static warning. The shock will not hurt your Dog as it lowers pressure. Once the first Collar is broken, the System comes with two more collars.
After 5 years of usage, the Collar will evolve into powder, which is eco-friendly and will remain long. Furthermore, the Dog’s paws will stay dry if it rains.
Reflective protective layers are embedded in the Dog’s outer layer so he can easily be tracked at night. Three collars are monitored by one Transmitter at a time.
Additionally, the Transmitter requires four to five hours and the receiver two to three hours to recharge fully. Therefore, the Battery does not need to be recharged again for up to two weeks after it is fully charged.
As soon as the power is exhausted to recharge them again, a low charging blink will appear on the System. When the device is not in use, it goes into standby mode automatically.
When the Dog moves or someone touches it, it switches on automatically. Depending on the size of the Dog’s neck, the Collar extends from 6 to 28 inches. For your dog’s safety, this is one of the best wireless dog fences.
The new version of this product has now improved battery design, making the product more durable and the Battery more stable. This device includes many innovative features like Improved signal stability due to dual antennae. It does not cause any harm or shock injuries to the Dog’s neck. The receiver and Transmitter are rechargeable, Eco-friendly, waterproof, and safe to use for your pet.
The Collar has a black silicon cover to prevent injury or rashes. After 5 mins beeping, it enters standby mode to avoid excessive punishment to your pet. However, this device should not be used for more than 10 hours in one day. No barrier object should be present between the transmitter and receiver collar because they can cause signal interferences. One major drawback is that it can give unnecessary shock and vibrations if any interference occurs with signals until it receives standard signals again.
- It uses a 2.4 GH frequency and dual antennae for its working
- Radius ranges between 100-900 ft
- The device first produces a warning Sound, then vibrates, and later gives a 3.7V shock
- Both receiver and Transmitter have built-in rechargeable batteries
- IP65 dust-proof and IPX7 waterproof receiver collars
- Adjustable Collar size ranges from 8-to 28 inches
- One Transmitter can control up to 3 collars at one time
- Built-in standby mode that can be maintained for up to six months
13. Extreme Dog fence-second generation-2020
Works on the latest technology designed with 1-5 dog systems separately, depending on your number of pets. It’s a waterproof system that can be worn during swimming or in a wet environment.
Each collar shock strength can be programmed individually, depending upon the nature of each pet. However, It is costly as compared to other devices with similar features.
One major problem is that only one correction level is available, and shock intensity cannot be changed.
- Covers up to 6 acres of range
- Works with 3 antennae and 12X more powerful batteries
- Completely waterproof System
- 20 Gauge high tensile boundary wire
- Heavy protective jacket
- 1-5-year product warranty
- 4 waterproof splice kits
14. PetSafe Pawz away pet barrier
This last System on our list is also a remarkable device that is not only a pet confinement system but also prevents your pets from crossing any restricted areas such as pools, lawns, furniture, and other areas in your house where you want to prevent them from entering.
The boundary confinement area is not very impressive, but it can be enhanced and customized by connecting another device sold separately by the company.
This device gives an Unlimited area of protection by using more devices, and it is beneficial for confinement and improves your pets’ habits. But, this System does not provide very long-ranged pet confinement and is more beneficial for only household pets and regular habit corrections.
- Have 2 barrier options: one is a circular confinement area of 16ft coverage
- Another option is customizable shaped restricted area up to 120ft distance
- Safe static correction feature
- An unlimited number of pets can be controlled with this device
- Designed for dogs of any size and breed with a weight of more than 3lb
- Adjustable Collar with sizes ranging from 6—28 inches
- Collar and transmitter work with 3V lithium batteries that lasts longer
- The Transmitter is designed in the shape of a rock that perfectly suits the environment of your yard or confinement area
Buying Guide for Wireless Dog fence for users
We want you to choose the best fencing system for your pets, so we have listed some considerations you should consider before buying any product for your cherished pet friend.
While buying the best wireless fencing system. Do check if the fencing is cordless or corded. The Cordless system is better than the corded one. Most of the newly introduced product either involves wireless fencing, or the wires that need to be buried underground can be hectic for you.
TYPE OF DEVICE
The devices primarily work with transmitters that cause signals interference if other signs generating devices are present in their periphery.
Therefore, we prefer devices that either work without these signals interference or have stronger signals than those present in their periphery.
LEVEL OF SHOCK SAFETY
Usually, these devices are safe for your pets, and shock levels are not too high to cause any harm to these animals. However, it would help if you kept checking for any problem in the device working that can lead to increased shock intensity and cause damage to your pets.
SUITABILITY FOR YOUR PET BREED
Devices come with varying specifications for different dog breeds depending upon their sizes and dispositions.
Portable devices are more helpful as you can take them anywhere you move with your pets. However, fixed systems are suitable for larger areas and vast fields.
This feature is variable depending upon your confinement area.
All the electric fences listed below fall in 200-500 dollars. You can choose a suitable device for your working area or budget accordingly.
You must train your Dog to learn how to work with this fencing system, and it will take some time for your pet to get acclimated to the device you choose.
This process will also require your assistance. Therefore, it is recommended that you choose a device with features that are easy to understand for your pet to avoid anxiety and confusion caused by excessive punishment.
ADVANTAGES OF WIRELESS FENCE SYSTEM:
The wireless fence system is not only used to confine your pets, but it also can be used for other purposes such as training your pets and keeping them away from certain areas or object present within your house and yards. So here we have some advantages of wireless fence systems.
Correcting habits: these devices can be used to train your pets and break their stubborn habits. It stops them from escaping, hunting dangerous objects, and causing harm to other animals or pets.
Customizable collars: Most of these devices have customizable collar straps that provide a comfortable collar for your pet and avoid any scars or itching.
Portability: Usually, these fence systems are portable. You can take them anywhere along with your pet, and they are easy to set up within 1-2 hours.
Reentry: these systems allow your pets to reenter the boundary if they cross it. This way helps minimize the chances of your pet friends being lost while roaming.
WHY SHOULD WE USE WIRELESS FENCING?
A wireless dog fencing system helps confine dogs in desired areas without wires and boundaries. It involves installing a central transmitter in your house or any place.
This Transmitter will send wireless signals to the confinement area, preventing your pets from leaving the confined area. In addition, a Shock collar is tied to the pet, which receives signals if the pet tries to leave the area.
They all have different ranges and are available according to the buyer’s requirement, but most are helpful for large fields minimum 30ft area.
These electric shocks are of very low intensity, and they do not hurt the animals. It just gives them a surprise to stop them immediately. So it only irritates the dogs but does not harm them.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WIRELESS AND HYBRID FENCING SYSTEM:
A wireless system works with a transmitter that generates signals received by the collar receiver. These signals are produced in circular shapes within a specific range.
The shape and range of this fence cannot be modified. On the other hand, a hybrid system contains wires buried underground in the desired shape, making a custom-shaped invisible fence.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can these devices be installed in a humid environment?
Most of them are waterproof, but the signal transmission is usually affected by these environmental factors; therefore, you should place these devices indoors or as instructed in the device manual.
Can I attach a leash to this device receiver collar?
No, A leash should not be attached to the device collar as it will provide extra pressure on your animal’s neck. Also, the device collar should be kept at least 3 feet away from any other metallic device; therefore, the leash should be attached with a separate collar.
Can I connect the device with my Dog’s old Collar?
Yes, the device can be connected to any collar if it does not have any metal parts because metals can affect signal transmission. However, a normal leather collar can be used.
How long can I keep this Collar on my pet?
Try not to use this Collar more than 12 hours a day as sometimes these collars can cause itching and other skin conditions on the neck.
Can we place transmission wires with metal fences?
The wires do not need to be buried to work; they can be placed along the fences. However, metals can cause trouble with signal transmission. So avoid placing wires on metal fences.
Do the in-ground wire system needs to be connected to work?
Yes, an in-ground wire system should make a complete loop to complete the signal transmission and define the boundaries of operation.
What is the average time required to train your pet for this System?
The average time required to train your pet depends on your bond with your pet, nature, cognitive abilities, and understanding of your signals. However, 2-3 weeks with 3 hours per day should be enough for your Dog to understand and acclimate to this System.
Is it safe to use a shock collar for your pet?
Yes, if your choice is brilliant, it should not cause any harm. Also, these systems are developed keeping in mind all the aspects of pet care and animal welfare. So these shock collars are perfectly human-only undesirable enough for your pet that it prevents them from crossing the boundary.
Will it harm the pet owner or anyone else?
This Collar will not give you a shock unless you are holding the probes in your hands. Also, the intensity of the shock is so low that it will not be harmful to anyone, including your pet.
What is the difference between a waterproof and water-resistant dog collar?
A water-resistant system can be used in a wet environment while playing on the grass or any humid place, but it should not be dipped in water. The waterproof System can be worn during swimming, submerged in water, and causes no problem if your pet wears it in water.
Can this System be used for cats and other pets?
This System can be used for any pet considering its weight and size.
Do these devices power off during charging?
These devices usually do not turn off during charging if the Battery is not completely drained. The battery time of most of these products is more than 12 hours, and the recommended usage time for these devices is also not more than 12 hours.
Do I need to use marking flags every time I use this device?
No, flags are just boundary markers designed to train your Dog. If you feel that your Dog is well trained and ready to use this System, there is no need to use training flags and other training features anymore.
Can I use these boundary wires on my previous steel fence or a cement wall?
A steel fence can cause problems in signal transmission. You can use wooden or cement fences, but any metal objects should be avoided. This device needs to be placed at least 3 feet away from any metal object and 2-3 feet above the ground.
While buying a pet fencing system, You should consider devices that are more humane for your pets and easy to install for you. The following important feature you should consider is the size and weight of your pet.
Larger and more aggressive pets are not easy to confine with these confinement systems, and they need proper on-leash training before you try these products on them.
However, the products we enlisted are made following these considerations and will provide satisfactory results.
The best pet confinement system always ensures your pet’s safety and your ease. We strive to help you choose the best device for your pet because we know we are happy if our pets are happy and playful.
These systems are perfectly safe for your pets and take less time to get trained. If you are afraid of the shock collar feature and consider it inhuman, it is not, but we still have another option for you.
UTOPB electric fence and my pet command fence system that works with GPS signaling and no outdoor wire system are required to be buried underground, creating an invisible wall. Here you can also read about dog nail grinders.